Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas is coming!

I must say that being in the South during Holiday time feels a bit odd. Today it was 75 degrees. No, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's weird not having to bundle up to go outside. There is something about lighting a fire, drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music, but there is no need for a fire here. With that, it's hard to get into the Holiday Spirit, but I refuse to let this weather rain on my Santa Clause or give him a sun burn :)

So Sunday, Andy and I went on the hunt for a real Christmas tree, well, it wasn't really a hunt. There happened to be a vendor right around the corner from us. I had great expectations for this excursion, but it turned out to be quite simple. We arrived, the guy pointed us to the smaller trees and we picked one! She's a beauty!


I also made a few friends in the process...Priscilla the donkey and Louisa the goat. Of course I had to say hi.



We started decorating the tree Monday night, got the lights on and went to put on the ornaments and realized they didn't come with hooks! So, we made a quick stop at Target and got it finished. I think it turned out pretty well!


A few weeks ago I also purchased these cute stockings and stocking holders from kohls.com.


It may not feel like Christmas outside, but it's starting to in apartment 1033! Now, if only we had a need to light that fire....

On another note, my younger brother John who currently lives in Minnesota, is going to be visiting Andy and I this weekend. I don't think he could have come at a better time. The high there is a whopping 7 degrees on Friday. I think he's looking forward to the weather and we're looking forward to showing him a good time, can't wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment