Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday, Haircut & A Cronut

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I wanted to catch you up on what we've been up to since this week has flown by! As you know, Wednesday was Andy's birthday, we decided to cook at home and hang out for the night. Sounds like every other night for us except throw in come cake and a few presents!

At Andy's request we decided to make steak tacos topped with onions, tomatoes, cilantro and creme fraiche. Simple, but good!

Opened a few gifts! My parents sent him this flannel from Land's End. 


I got him this coat from Eddie Bauer. I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I ended up giving Andy this coat early, about two weeks ago...my excuse was that I thought he may need it, but I was just really excited about giving it to him and couldn't wait :) I think it was a good find! And yes, I totally made him try everything on and model for me.


After presents it was time for cake! 


Andy wanted some kind of pudding cake and we found this no bake Black Bottom Pudding Pie. This may have been one of our favorite cakes that I have made and it was super easy!


Thursday was a big day for me, I decided to chop my hair! I hadn't gotten my hair cut since I had moved to Charleston. Typically I just get a trim, but for some reason I was wanting something different! Yes, I took a selfie!

When I got home from my haircut, I walked into Andy wrapping presents. For some reason him doing this always makes me laugh. This and him trying to iron, always a bit of a struggle...


But now we have a few presents under our tree!


Friday night some of Andy's co-workers had organized a happy hour to celebrate his birthday. We went to a new bar called the Bay Street Biergarten. This was Andy's second time here, my first and I must say it's a pretty cool bar. You can load money onto a card and fill your own glasses with one of the many taps they have available. Dangerous.


Yesterday morning was full of surprises! First, we received  this wonderful delivery of wine! Andy found some deal online for six bottles for $1! How can you pass that up?? It's always nice to have a few extra bottles of wine sitting around!


After admiring the wine and having some coffee I headed to crossfit. While I was gone Andy was nice enough to head to the grocery store to pick up food for breakfast. I think he was feeling especially nice because he not only cooked me breakfast when he got home, but he surprised me with a lemon custard filled cronut for us to share! We've been meaning to try one and it was yummy!


After breakfast we watched a few episodes of the FX series The Americans and then made some Rocky Road Bark holiday style! Andy is supposed to bring in a holiday treat for work next week and one of our 24 Days of Togetherness activities was to make some kind of bark. The recipe was pretty painless, I asked Andy to help, but there wasn't much to do, so he did what he does best.



The bark turned out really well, we added holly & berry sprinkles for a holiday touch!


If anyone is looking for something to bring as a hosting gift during the holidays this can easily be wrapped up!


Saturday evening was Andy's department holiday party. The Chair of Radiation Oncology was nice of enough to host at his house in downtown Charleston, making it a bbq/oyster roast. This would be our second oyster roast in two weeks! Unfortunately, the weather was pretty awful, cutting the night a bit short, but we had a good time and it was nice to be able to meet some of Andy's co-workers!

After the party we ventured back to Mount Pleasant, checked out a new bar and called it a night!

Today Andy has to go into work for a bit, I'm going to finish my Christmas shopping and then I'm going to start to get things packed up for our trip home on Friday! Whoop whoop! I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday!












No comments:

Post a Comment