Sunday, September 28, 2014

The past three months....

Well, despite having a somewhat sad weekend, due to that fact that our flight back to Milwaukee was cancelled and we missed a wedding and my own wedding shower, I would say the past three months have been pretty great!

Here is a quick update of what we've been up to...

I spent a lot of time counting down the days until my best friend +Corissa Paulson got married on August 29th, 2014.

I've known this girl for 17 years, we have had some pretty good times together...



She looked beautiful on her wedding day, I couldn't be happier for her!



After all of the wedding fun I got to spend some quality time with my family at The Great Minnesota Get Together. I haven't been to the state fair since I left for college in 2008, so I was pretty pumped to be able to attend and show Andy what he has been missing out on all these years.


Over the past few weeks we've had a few exciting things happen.

This one is huge, literally....we got a king size bed!! I'm not sure how two grown adults survived this long in a full size bed. We're still working on bedding and adding pillows, as you can seen, everything we currently have is now too small. We got a frame, but with the box spring and mattress on top, I have to jump to get into it. We're thinking of getting rid of the box spring all together, regardless, this is a great improvement from the full.


Andy started brewing beer and there is already talk of us having a more permanent spot for brewing gear in the future, not sure if this is a good or bad thing?


I got to spend some time with Andy at work, he is so smart :)


I jumped on the pumpkin train and I've been enjoying pumpkin spice coffee. P.S. If you add cream to your coffee, take an immersion blender to it, it makes it 100 times better.


I've also recently become OBSESSED with eggplant. A vegetable I used to hate is now on the menu a few times a week. This dish might be my favorite and it's easy to modify. We sub some kind of meat for the tempeh. Not a great pic, but it's amazing.


Andy play's his Saturday morning video games


And he made carnitas tacos with mango salsa, another favorite. Pretty sure we eat tacos once a week.


In lieu of not being in Milwaukee this weekend, Andy and I went out with friends downtown Friday night. There was a lot of dancing, it was just what we needed.


Hope everyone back home is doing well!!

XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment