Thursday, January 16, 2014

Whistler On My Mind!

Hi Friends! Happy Thursday! So, I can't believe it, but our trip to Whistler, Canada with Andy's parents is only a few days away! I'm SO excited, but also a little bit nervous! Ahhh! I think the fact that I was recently on a Mount Everest kick and watched almost every documentary/movie that existed on Netflix is playing into my fear....cold weather, limited oxygen above sea level, avalanches??? Okay, I know I'm being dramatic, but these things keep circling in my head, I can't help it! Or it could just be that I've never skied on a real mountain....

Last night we got to packing since Andy is heading to Breckenridge, CO tomorrow for a friends bachelor party. I haven't had to wear snow boots since I moved to Charleston, can't wait!


One article of clothing I'm really excited to be bringing with me is this awesome jacket from UNIQLO. Andy's parents got it for my for Christmas and this thing is super light weight, but extremely warm and packs down into a small pouch, so great for traveling! AND it's very reasonably priced!


On a more important note, here are a few easy recipes we've made in the past few weeks I thought I would share! For those of you who are not big broccoli fans, try this blasted broccoli, it's really good!!!


And for those of you who love shrimp and don't have much time to cook, check out this recipe from everdaypaleo.com. Nom nom!


For the weekly photo of Andy, here he is in his element....jeopardy on the tv, hockey game on his phone and some other sporting event on the computer. The boy loves his jeopardy :)


Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and goodbye before we left for Whistler (I might not make it, just kidding)! I hope everyone has a great week and I'm looking forward to letting you know how our adventure went and posting beautiful pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment